My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Manchac Bayou Swamp Cruise with Optional Pickup914 Reviews
Discover Louisiana’s bayou wildlife on a guided cruise of Manchac Swamp, with optional pickup in New Orleans. Keep an eye out for alligators as you learn about the local Cajun culture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the lush Louisiana swamps up close, as you ride a typical swamp boat
- View fascinating plant and wildlife–and keep an eye out for alligators
- Listen to legends and lore of the area as your guide takes you along the bayous
- Learn about the history of local Cajun town, Frenier
DescriptionJoin this tour in the Manchac Swamp on a real life adventure for the whole family. Your local captains will take you on an exciting journey to explore Louisiana's abundant wildlife in the bayous of Cajun Country. Journey by boat, Cajun-style, for a tour through the heart of Southern Louisiana's swamplands. Your swamp boat will take you into the meandering bayous where you'll see moss-draped cypress trees, fascinating plant life, and the creatures who make their homes here. Listen to informative commentary as you sail into the bayou. Swamp creatures are used to seeing the tour boats, so you'll likely catch a glimpse of various birds, snakes, deer, and fish, and possibly even an alligator. As your boat drifts through the waterways, you will learn about the Louisiana Wetlands, the inhabitants of the swamp–particularly the life and habits of the American Alligator–as well as the unique history of the local Cajun town of Frenier.
IncludesNarrated Boat Tour Local Captain Journey through the bayou swap Views of plant and wildlife Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Swamp tours take place rain or shine. Please dress comfortably If transportation is chosen, the pickup window is 1.5 hours before tour time and ends 1 hour before tour time. Please call if you have any questions