My Guide Website?
Glamorous Garden District Tour24 Reviews
Learn the history & architecture of the beautiful Garden District & Magazine Street. See the residences of Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock, John Goodman, and more. Visit Lafayette Cemetery & the Coven House of American Horror Story.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Stroll the New Orleans' Garden District with your local guide
- Visit Lafayette Cemetery and learn about the burial practices of New Orleans
- See where the current famous residents of the Garden District live
- View locations where movies and tv shows were filmed
- Explore the history of Magazine St. and how it separated the rich from the working class
DescriptionNew Orleans’ Garden District is one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in the nation, next to it is bustling Magazine Street. If you’re looking to explore outside of the French Quarter area, and see how people live and have lived, this excursion is perfect for you or your group. After that, a stop in Lafayette Cemetery, the oldest city-owned cemetery. You’ll learn the burial practices and traditions that make the cemeteries unique. Then, during the tour, you’ll set eyes on the current residences of New Orleanians Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock, and John Goodman. You’ll see houses featured in movies such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and the Buckner Mansion of American Horror Story fame. Included in this tour is a stroll along beautiful Magazine Street, historically the line between the rich and working class of NOLA. Walk a few blocks from Magazine into the Irish Channel where you’ll see the famous “shotgun houses.” The Garden District was founded in 1832, between St. Charles Avenue, First Street, Magazine Street and Toledano Street. Originally its own city, it was annexed by New Orleans in 1852. You’ll learn more about this and other historic facts as you see the neighborhood’s gorgeous mansions and their notable large, opulent lawns.
Includes2 hour walking tour of the Garden District
- Check in is 15 mins before start of tour. Tours take place rain or shine. This tour has a lot of walking and standing please wear comfy shoes.