My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Explore the Garden District with Storytelling289 Reviews
Explore New Orleans’ Garden District on a guided tour and peek inside Lafayette Cemetery. Glimpse into the lives of those who shaped this iconic district as you pass stately mansions and lush gardens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy anecdotes and stories about the district as you stroll along leafy streets
- Peek inside the gates of Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, a National Historic Landmark
- Learn about the origins of the Garden District's antebellum-style architecture
- Glimpse into the lives of those who transformed this stunning neighborhood
- End your tour near the eclectic Magazine Street — ideal for shopping and dining
DescriptionEmbark on a guided walk in New Orleans’ enchanting Garden District and hear about the events and people who shaped it. Admire ornate antebellum mansions and lush gardens, and peek into an above-ground cemetery, currently closed to the public. Start with a brief introduction to New Orleans and the Garden District. Then, walk along elegant tree-lined streets and discover the roots of the neighborhood's distinct architectural style. Learn about the risk-takers, speculators, and dreamers who established it as a wealthy suburb after the Louisiana Purchase. Peek inside the gates of Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, which is currently closed to the public, and hear about New Orleans' interesting above-ground interment customs. At the end of the tour, continue to explore the cemetery and the Garden District, or head over to nearby Magazine Street for an authentic shopping and dining experience in New Orleans.
IncludesWalking tour Guide
- Due to the uneven walking surfaces in the area, sturdy walking shoes (and wheelchairs, if necessary) are strongly recommended