My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Destrehan Plantation & Swamp Combo20 Reviews
On this full-day combo tour, visit the Destrehan Plantation - one of the closest and most magnificent plantation tours near New Orleans - combined with a swamp tour in the Barataria Basin.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy time away from busy French Quarter
- Tour a historic plantation home
- See gators, racoons, wild pigs and much more the swamp has to offer
DescriptionDestrehan Plantation is an antebellum mansion, in the French Colonial style, modified with Greek Revival architectural elements. It is located in southeast Louisiana, near the town of the same name, Destrehan. This plantation is about 45 minutes away from downtown New Orleans. Welcome to the New Orleans Swamp Tours and Wetlands Adventure. See the Cajuns of the bayou living and surviving in harmony with the swamps. Here, the waterways are their highways. From the relaxed comfort of the covered New Orleans Swamp Tour boats, you will drift slowly past a 2000-year-old Indian burial mound, a Cajun cemetery and fishing village. You may see the wildlife that made the Barataria swamps the crown jewel of the Louisiana Purchase. Here, birds, snakes, turtles, fur animals and gators are the king of the swamp and easily spotted in spring, summer and fall. Your captains are natives of the Barataria swamps with a background in gator hunting, fishing and trapping. They will entertain you and amaze you with their knowledge of the ecology of the swampland. They have lived the life. Pick up begins at 8:30am and return by 245pm. Ground transportation included.
IncludesTransportation Plantation entrance fees 1-hour and 40 minute guided swamp tour
- Airboat tours are performed in an open boat. If it rains, you will get wet. Because of the nature of the airboat ride, pregnant women or people with neck or back problems cannot participate
- Children must be 48” in height to sit and wear a seat belt
- Hearing protection will be provided by the company. You can purchase inexpensive rain ponchos at the swamp tour snack shop
- The Swamp Tour is recommended for everyone of all ages