My Guide Website?
Daytime City Helicopter Tour
Fairgrounds New Orleans https://www.myguideneworleans.com/events/daytime-city-helicopter-tour
New Orleans: Daytime City Helicopter Tour
- Soar above the mighty Mississippi River, Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Choose between the 15-mile city tour or the 30-mile city and swamp tour
- Enjoy amazing views of New Orleans with every seat being a window seat
- Listen to interesting facts about the city from your professional, experienced pilot
DescriptionHop aboard the helicopter at New Orleans Lakefront Airport, just 15 minutes from the French Quarter, and get ready to experience New Orleans from a new perspective. Choose between two different flight options. Choose the 15-mile option to fly over the city for approximately 12-15 minutes. Experience sites from above such as Jackson Square, the St. Louis Cathedral, the French Market, and Bourbon Street. In addition to getting a close-up aerial view of the French Quarter, you will pass by the Central Business District, Canal Street, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, and fly over City Park. This park is home to the New Orleans Museum of Art, Louisiana’s Children’s Museum, and the Bayou Oaks golf course. Next door is the Fair Grounds, home to the Louisiana Derby as well the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Choose the 30-mile option and get the opportunity to fly over both the city and the swamps for a total flight time of approximately 24 minutes. Fly over an abandoned theme park, see a NASA rocket building facility, and soar over the swamps along Lake Borgne. Flying back towards the city you will pass by the Chalmette Battlefield and follow the mighty Mississippi River back to the French Quarter and Central Business District to see all of the sights on the 15-mile tour as well. At the end of the tour the helicopter will land back at New Orleans Lakefront Airport.
IncludesNoise-cancelling headsets Tour narration from your pilot Window seat for each passenger On-site parking Taxes and fees
- • Strict individual passenger weight limit of 295 pounds • Maximum combined weight of the entire group of 2-3 people is 575 pounds • All passengers will be weighed at check-in for the weight and balance of the helicopter • If your flight is cancelled due to weather or safety of flight reasons, you are eligible to reschedule or receive a full refund • Valid photo ID or passport is required