My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Cruise Day Trip121 Reviews
Visit the Oak Alley Plantation and cruise down Louisiana's bayou swamplands on a day trip from New Orleans. Learn the history of the wetlands from your local guide and keep an eye out for alligators.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the complicated history and natural beauty of Louisiana
- Cruise through a Louisiana swamp and look out for unique wildlife
- Step into the past as you explore an authentic plantation home
- Learn about the history and culture of the wetlands from your guide
- Pass important landmarks, including a Native American burial mound
DescriptionExplore Louisiana with a visit to the Oak Alley Plantation, followed by a swamp boat tour. Enjoy a guided day trip from New Orleans for a day you won't forget. Begin your day with a pickup at your New Orleans hotel. Enjoy the views as you head out to the Oak Alley Plantation, where you will be led on a tour by guides in period costume. Explore the house and its grounds as you learn about the history of the plantation. Next, head out on a boat tour to explore the Louisiana bayous. Relax in the covered boat and tune in to your guide’s commentary about the local culture of the wetlands. Cruise past a Native American burial mound, a Cajun cemetery, and a fishing village. Drift down narrow waterways and pass moss-covered trees. Be on the lookout for wildlife, including snakes and alligators. Back on dry land, you will board the bus to return to New Orleans, then you will be dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide Transportation by air-conditioned bus Oak Alley Plantation entry ticket Swamp boat trip (1 hour and 40 minutes)
- Some walking at the Oak Alley plantation is involved