My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Millionaire’s Tombs of Metairie Cemetery Tour5 Reviews
Visit Metairie Cemetery on a guided tour with a local author. Discover million-dollar tombs and learn the curious history of its deceased, from governors to Kings of Carnival.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse yourself in the weird and wonderful history of the Metairie Cemetery
- Visit Millionaire’s Row to see extravagant tombs and learn their intriguing past
- Discover the guarded pyramid and learn its fascinating symbolism and history
- Hear stories about the cemeteries inhabitants, from Mob bosses to city mayors
- Stroll through Metairie Cemetary with an engaging local author as your guide
DescriptionExplore the infamous Metairie Cemetary on a guided walking tour with a local author. Learn the fascinating history of this cemetery, see Anne Rice's tomb, and marvel at a pyramid guarded by a sphinx. Meet your guide and local author at the cemetery and begin your walk beneath the shade of almost 1,000 trees. Learn how this cemetery, established in 1872, landed on the National Register of Historic Places. As you stroll, hear the fascinating history behind a series of diverse characters that lay in peace in the cemetery, including mayors, governors, Kings of Carnival, mob bosses, law enforcement, and ground-breaking journalists. Visit the most extravagant and multi-dollar tombs. Stop at Popeyes’ founder Al Copeland's tomb, see where the vampire-novelist Anne Rice is laid to rest, and stop at the sphinx-guarded pyramid. Continue to a tomb with jewel stained-glass windows and see the Islamic-inspired tomb made of limestone that a Confederate general built for his daughter.
IncludesGuided tour with a local author and historian Entry to Metairie Cemetery Entry to Lake Lawn Metairie Insider tips for local food, music, and culture
- This tour includes about 2 miles of walking This tour will happen rain or shine