My Guide Website?
New Orleans: History of the Crescent City Group Tour1 Reviews
Experience the magic and horror of New Orleans' complicated past. Learn how the expectations for France's new colony lived up to the reality of a colony built below sea level on swamp land in this fascinating tour of the French Quarter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the real, unfiltered and uncensored history that makes New Orleans what it is today
- Enjoy a tour that is built for people who love history and don't want it sugar-coated
- Listen as your guide uncovers life in 18th and 19th century New Orleans
- Join your master storyteller on a journey through the founding of the Crescent city
DescriptionListen as your guide tells you all about the wild history of New Orleans. Be transported through time as your experienced storyteller paints a detailed picture of what life was like during different eras of French Quarter history. Hear about how Yellow Fever took a toll on the city. Let your guide regale you with the story of the famous Jackson Square and the establishment of La Nouvelle Orleans. Become enlightened about how enslaved people lived and their impact on religion and culture. Discuss what makes the architecture so incredibly unique. Cover the historical red light district to the earliest notes of sweet jazz. Laugh and cry as you grapple with all that New Orleans has gone through to get where it is today. Take an adventure through the real, gritty history of New Orleans.
IncludesGuided 2-hour walking tour
- Vaccination cards or negative COVID tests are required to enter some bars and restaurants in the French Quarter Please bring your mask for entry into restroom and for drink breaks Tour goes out rain or shine