My Guide Website?
New Orleans: History, Culture & Architecture Guided Tour12 Reviews
Discover NOLA's soul on a 3-hour tour through iconic neighborhoods with a local guide. From the French Quarter to the Garden District, explore history, culture, and architecture in style with a guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- New Orleans: 2 & 3 Days Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with Walking Tour
- New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
- New Orleans: Walking Tour Inside St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- New Orleans: Adults Only Ghost Tour w/ Haunted Bldg Access
- From New Orleans: Whitney Plantation Ticket & Transportation
- Explore NOLA's rich history, culture, and architecture on a 3-hour journey
- See numerous landmarks, like the French Quarter and Besthoff Sculpture Garden
- Relax in an air-conditioned minibus as a local guide unveils the city's treasure
- Immerse in the city's vibrant spirit and multifaceted identity with a guide
- See the history of the the African American neighbourhood of Faubourg Treme
DescriptionExperience a three-hour guided journey through The Big Easy combines the charm of the French Quarter, the soulful vibes of Treme, the stately elegance of the Esplanade, the timeless allure of the Garden District, and the historical intrigue of the Metairie Cemetery. Your adventure begins with hotel pickup, ensuring a stress-free start to your exploration of this fascinating city. Then, step into the comfort of an air-conditioned minibus and meet your expert guide. From here, traverse the iconic French Quarter. As you journey along the Esplanade, take in oak-lined streets and majestic mansions that exude timeless allure. Here, your guide will share tales of opulence and the architectural gems that define this picturesque neighborhood. Next, hop off at City Park where you visit the Besthoff Sculpture Garden or savor a cup of coffee and beignets at the Morning Call Cafe. Find yourself transported to a world of Victorian mansions, lush gardens, and elegant tree-lined avenues. Then, the expedition takes you through the Warehouse District, where you'll witness a vibrant blend of art, culture, and history. You'll pass through Faubourg Treme, one of the oldest African American neighborhoods in the United States, dating back to the 1700s. After that, the area once known as the American Sector will also be seen, as home to the world-renowned World War II Museum and the Contemporary Arts Center, one of the nation’s first art institutions. Follow it up with a brief stop at the Metairie Cemetery offers a glimpse into the city's distinctive above-ground tombs, a distinctive feature of New Orleans. Here, you'll witness the intersection of history and artistry in the city's burial practices. As you continue your tour, you'll pass by the Saint Louis Cathedral, North America's oldest cathedral, with its roots dating back to 1720 along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. Throughout this immersive journey, your local guide will provide engaging commentary, offering you a deeper understanding of New Orleans' history, culture, and architectural treasures. By the end of this unique tour, you'll have a profound appreciation of the city's multifaceted identity.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Travel in an air-conditioned mini-coach Guide Live commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are available only from selected hotels in downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter
- Pickup times vary based on the number and location of stops. Please ensure you are ready and curbside 30 minutes before the tour's scheduled time • Good weather conditions are necessary for this experience. In the event of adverse weather, you will have the option to reschedule for another date or receive a full refund • A minimum number of participants is needed for this experience. If the minimum is not reached and the experience is canceled, you will have the choice of an alternative date/experience or a complete refund