My Guide Website?
New Orleans: High Speed 9 Passenger Airboat Tour443 Reviews
This tour is only 35 minutes from New Orleans yet a world apart. Hold onto your hat, this New Orleans airboat swamp tour is a high-speed adventure that is part-tour and part-ride.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- New Orleans: 2 & 3 Days Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with Walking Tour
- New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
- New Orleans: Walking Tour Inside St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- New Orleans: Adults Only Ghost Tour w/ Haunted Bldg Access
- From New Orleans: Whitney Plantation Ticket & Transportation
- Enjoy time away from the busy French Quarter
- Learn about the way the Cajuns lived in the wetlands outside of New Orleans
- See gators, racoons, wild pigs and much more that the swamp has to offer
- Experience high-speed thrills
DescriptionExperience the best of both a swamp tour and an airboat ride. Travel at high speeds in the airboat then slow down and stop for pictures. Along the way, enjoy a personal tour by your local captain. The airboats have stadium seating so every airboat seat is great for experiencing the tour and viewing wildlife. Yes, gators will get close, real close. So close that you will be able to look into those reptilian eyes. Alligators do hibernate in the colder months, but your experienced captains know where to look for them. On average, during the winter, you have better than a 50/50 chance of seeing a gator. In the warmer months, you will see a gator. Every New Orleans Airboat Tour is unique and you never know what could be around the next corner. Tour an area that is a combination of swamp, marsh, and lake, spotting anything from a Bald Eagle to a Pelican, from an Osprey to an Owl. The airboats are driven by a 454 Chevy engine that will produce speeds of up to 35 miles an hour. They are propelled by a huge fan that will blow air from the back of the boat in excess of 200 miles an hour. These tours are truly a blast. They ride in inches of water and go where traditional boats can't. The boats were designed to take you to inaccessible areas of the swamp, places that you cannot reach by foot or car, ensuring a unique experience.
Includes1 Hour and 40 minute boat ride tour Professional guide Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Stadium seating for a better view Experienced captains who know where to look for wildlife
- • Airboat tours are performed in an open boat. If it rains, you will get wet, but you can purchase inexpensive rain ponchos at the swamp tour gift shop. • Because of the nature of the airboat ride, pregnant women or people with neck or back problems cannot participate. • Children must be 48” in height to sit and wear a seat belt. • Hearing protection is provided by the company. • Uber and Lyft are easy to come by in the City but are hard to get at the Swamp Dock.