My Guide Website?
New Orleans: High Speed 16 Passenger Airboat Ride1016 Reviews
Hold onto your hat on a high-speed, small group (up to 16 passengers) airboat ride through the swamps and marshlands just outside New Orleans. Look for alligators and other wildlife, along with diverse bird species in their natural habitat.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a high-speed airboat ride through the swamps
- Learn about the way the Cajuns lived in the wetlands outside New Orleans
- See alligators, raccoons, wild pigs and other swamp life
DescriptionEmbark on a high-speed adventure through the swamps and marshes just 35 minutes from New Orleans and experience the amazing scenery by airboat. Slow down or stop to take pictures and get a personal tour from your local captain. Avail of airboats with stadium-style seating so that the person in front does not obstruct your view. Be amazed as alligators come so close to the boat that you can stare into their reptilian eyes! Encounter magnificent birdlife, including bald eagles, pelicans, ospreys and owls. Every tour is unique and you never know what will be around the next corner! Reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour, propelled by a huge fan that blows air from the back of the boat in excess of 200 miles per hour. Ride in shallow water and access areas where traditional boats cannot go.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) 100-minute airboat tour Stadium-style seating for an unobstructed view Wildlife sights Access to areas other boats cannot go Local captain/guide
- Airboat tours are performed in an open boat. If it rains you will get wet. However, you can purchase inexpensive rain ponchos at the swamp tour gift shop
- Pregnant women or people with neck or back problems cannot participate
- Children must be at least 48 inches tall and must wear a seat belt
- Hearing protection is provided by the local operator