My Guide Website?
New Orleans Garden District Tour3 Reviews
Join a local guide and discover the iconic Garden District of New Orleans and discover everything from picturesque Antebellum homes to one of the city's oldest cemeteries.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore one of the country’s oldest and most unique cemeteries
- See the majestic Antebellum homes of the Garden District
- Discover the historic community of the Irish Channel
- Enjoy a tour that covers the history, architecture, and culture of New Orleans
- Join Certified B Corp and Carbon Neutral Tour
DescriptionEnjoy a guided tour of the New Orleans Garden District, considered by many to be one of the best-preserved collections of historic mansions in the United States, and admire the amazing Antebellum architecture which makes the area a favorite for locals and visitors alike. Later, we will walk pass one of New Orleans’ oldest cemeteries - Lafayette Cemetery. Continually popular with travelers, the cemetery has a unique approach to burials: namely, the above-ground, multiple-burial techniques used. Then, continue on for a view of one of the most striking buildings in all of New Orleans: Commander’s Palace. Host to a myriad of wedding receptions and dinners throughout the year, this eye-catching, turreted Victorian building is one of the most well-respected upscale restaurants in the entire country. Next, take a stroll past more gorgeous homes, some with famous Hollywood connections. Later, visit the working-class area known as the Irish Channel which developed in the early 1800s when the city’s shipping, alcohol, and brewing industries drew workers from all over the world, especially from Ireland. Your guide will then take you back to the streetcar line, where your Garden District tour ends.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- This tour runs year-round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation
- Please note that the City of New Orleans has currently closed the Lafayette Cemetery to all visitors for scheduled maintenance and repairs. There is currently no reopening date yet announced. Our tour will still include information as viewed from several gated entrances
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge