My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Garden District Food, Drinks & History Tour68 Reviews
Discover the tastes and romance of New Orleans' historic neighborhood of mansions and oak trees. Learn Cajun and Creole culture during 3 food stops, explore local gems and hear entertaining history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Fill your heart with local tastes, customs and traditions of New Orleans
- Explore the architecture and history of the Garden District on a guided walk
- Feast on a full meal of Cajun and Creole specialities at 3 stops
- Discover small businesses, shops, and artist-made goods on Magazine Street
- Learn the history, culture and traditions of the people who shaped New Orleans
DescriptionVisit three food stops that highlight New Orleans history through flavors on this guided walking tour of the Garden District. After a brief tour of the neighborhood's architecture & history, delight your senses with a full meal of unique Cajun and Creole specialties, spread out over 3 local eateries. Start at the Lafayette cemetery, and listen as your guide tells you the unique funeral customs and traditions of New Orleans and introduces you to the history of the city's early years. Then explore the architecture of the Garden District, home to historic mansions, colorful shotgun houses, and beautiful oak trees. Your first food stop includes an indulgent taste of Creole fusion and the multicultural influences of the Italians, Germans, Irish and Afro-Carribeans that shaped the 300-year-old city. Learn about the Cajun people and find out what influence they also had on the culinary culture of Louisiana. Two food stops also include your choice of special alcoholic drinks or a non-alcoholic beverage. At our beignet stop, sip a cafe au lait or tea. Along the way, check out locally-owned shops, vintage stores, an artist co-op and gallery. Finish with a full stomach and plenty of recommendations for local fun and flavors for the rest of your visit.
IncludesA full meal of New Orleans' favorite foods, spread over 3 stops An alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink at each stop, curated to your preferences Tax and tips for our servers are included, so you can relax and enjoy
- This is a short walking tour, less than 1 mile total Children under 3 are free on the understanding that food and drink will not be provided for them on the tour Summer 2020: Lafayette Cemetery is under repair and closed on certain days. This part of the tour may have to happen outside the cemetery entrance Check local Covid mandates for New Orleans bars/restaurants before attending a tour. Failure to meet mandated requirements is considered a non-refundable cancellation since venues can deny entry to any guest Vegetarians and many dietary allergies can be accommodated