My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Food Walking Tour & Cooking Class Experience
Experience the flavors of New Orleans on this engaging food walking tour followed by a cooking class. Learn about local cuisine, culture, and history as you explore the French Quarter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- New Orleans: Adults Only Ghost Tour w/ Haunted Bldg Access
- New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
- From Lafitte: Swamp Tours South of New Orleans by Airboat
- Glamorous Garden District Tour
- New Orleans: Cemetery Bus Tour At Dark with Exclusive Access
- Explore New Orleans' famous eateries
- Learn to cook famous Louisiana dishes
- Enjoy a diverse range of tastings
- Discover the French Quarter's culinary scene
- Experience a lively cooking demonstration
DescriptionEmbark on a culinary journey through the heart of New Orleans with this unique combination of a food walking tour and cooking class. Your adventure begins with a 3-hour walking tour, where you'll visit some of the most famous eateries in the French Quarter. As you stroll through the vibrant streets, your knowledgeable guide will share insights into the city's rich history and culture. After stimulating your appetite, the experience continues with a 2-hour cooking class at the renowned New Orleans Cooking School. Here, in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, you'll watch a cooking demonstration and learn how to make Louisiana favorites. The class includes recipes, and refreshments, culminating in a delicious lunch made by you. This tour is not just about tasting; it's about getting a deeper understanding of New Orleans' culinary heritage. You'll visit establishments recommended in numerous cookbooks and discover hidden gems in the French Quarter. With enthusiastic and knowledgeable hosts, this tour promises an unforgettable experience. The tour ends with a sense of satisfaction and new culinary skills. Whether you are a food enthusiast or a curious traveler, this tour offers a unique way to explore New Orleans. Minors: Minors may attend our tours with a parent or guardian present. Parents or guardians may never leave minors unattended on any tour. Menu items and, or stops are interchangeable and may change without notice. Guide gratuities are excluded. Guide and host gratuities are always appreciated. Allergies - This tour highlights set tastings and does not offer gluten-free, vegetarian options, vegan or pescatarian options. Please advise us of any TRUE food allergies. *Note: Many authentic Louisiana dishes include pork.
IncludesTour guide 3-hour food walking tour 2-hour cooking class 6-7 food and beverage tastings Cooking demonstration Lunch you cook during cooking class
- Sample Tasting Menu: Praline cookies, Shrimp & Artichoke Soup, Jambalaya, Corn & Crab Bisque, Crawfish or Chicken Étouffée, Gumbo, Boudin Balls, Pralines, Muffuletta, Bananas Foster, Creole Brisket, Abita beer (menu items are interchangeable & may change without notice). Participants must be over 21 for alcoholic consumption and may be asked to present a valid ID. Tours run with a minimum guest requirement; if not met, participants will be rescheduled to an alternative time or date. Parking validation is not provided for any hotel or other locations. Tours operate rain or shine, except in the case of a significant weather event in the area, in which case you will receive a full refund. Participants are encouraged to dress accordingly and bring an umbrella and water bottle as needed. Food allergies can be accommodated; guests must inform the activity provider during booking and confirm with the guide in person.