My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Destrehan Plantation & Airboat Combo Tour21 Reviews
See two Louisiana’s most fascinating sights on this half-day tour: visit a historic antebellum plantation home followed by an exciting 2 hour small airboat ride through the Louisiana swamps, hopefully catching a glimpse of an alligator.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a fast and fun 2-hour ride in a high speed airboat
- Experience the natural beauty and mystery of the Louisiana Swamps
- Step back in time to visit a classical antebellum plantation home
- See alligators and other swamp wildlife
- Ride in comfort with a small group in a 13 passenger tour van
DescriptionEnjoy our Louisiana tour, which brings you from the historical sites of the Destrehan plantation to the remote swamps in Cajun Country. Narrated short scenic drive out of the city and along the shores of Lake Ponchartrain to Destrehan Plantation on the East bank of the Old River Road: a pilgrimage back in time to the Antebellum South. First you will be brought on a tour of Destrehan Plantation where guides in period costumes will bring to life the stories of generations who lived on and worked this rich land – both owners and slaves. They will share with you every detail of this mansion's history since 1787. Enjoy some free time to walk around under a spectacular canopy of live oaks around the mansion and the slave quarters. We then drive down to a remote swamp in Cajun Country for a thrilling high-speed 2-hour ride onboard 6-passenger airboats, comfortably gliding over marshes, deep into secluded bayous. You may even get to hold a baby alligator, feed giant catfish, or meet a nutria face to face.
IncludesRound-trip transportation Driver-guide Airboat Ride Guided tour of Destrehan Plantation 1811 Slave Revolt Exhibit admission at Destrehan
- It is recommended you wear sunglasses for eye protection and sunscreen
- Warm clothing is needed in the winter. Due to the high speed of the boat, it will get breezy and cool during the ride
- Children younger than 5 years old are not allowed on this tour
- In case of inclement weather: hard rain or lighting, airboat ride may be postponed or covered boat ride may be substituted when necessary
- Foreign language tour guides and escorts are available for French and Spanish speakers at additional cost upon request
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to run
- Lunch is not included but there is the opportunity to purchase snacks and drinks at the gift shops