My Guide Website?
New Orleans: Cemetery Tour447 Reviews
Experience the legendary above-ground tombs in New Orleans. See historic tombs, the burial places of famous - and infamous - residents, and the mysterious world of the cities of the dead.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Journey back in time and learn about New Orlean's connection with voodoo
- Visit the above ground tombs New Orleans calls the 'cities of the dead'
- Visit several cemeteries, learn about their history, and discover famous tombs
- Experience a cemetary tour recommended by the Travel and History Channels
- Learn why New Orleans buries its dead above ground
DescriptionThis 2-hour walking tour takes you inside the walls of New Orleans’ oldest and most interesting burial grounds. In the company of a local guide, you’ll explore the ancient maze of above-ground tombs and learn about fascinating local burial practices. After meeting your guide at the Morning Call Coffee Shop, you’ll walk to the cemetery to explore curiosities and hear tales of some of the city’s personalities. You’ll see the final resting place of many of New Orleans’ most notable celebrities. On this tour that’s been recommended by the Travel Channel, A&E, and the History Channel, you’ll learn the history of voodoo and its connection to the French Quarter on a journey back through time.
IncludesTour of cemeteries around New Orleans • Tour of several of New Orleans' oldest cities of the dead
- Tours operate rain or shine, umbrellas or ponchos recommended