My Guide Website?
New Orleans: 2-Hour French Quarter History and Voodoo Tour21 Reviews
Explore New Orleans' French Quarter with a licensed guide. Learn about the city's history and Voodoo past. Visit historical sites and points of interest including Congo Square, Jackson Square, and the former home of Voodoo Priestess Marie Laveau.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear about the early history of voodoo, the slave trade, and indigenous peoples of New Orleans
- See the former home of the infamous Voodoo Priestess Marie Laveau
- Pass historical sites at every turn and marvel at the city's amazing architecture
- Walk through Jackson Square and learn about the St. Louis Cathedral, the Presbytère, and the Cabildo
DescriptionFollow your licensed guide, a master storyteller, through New Orleans' French Quarter. Learn about the neighborhood's interesting past and travel through its adventurous history as you discover what makes the French Quarter one of the most unique and friendliest places in the United States. Meet your guide and begin touring at Congo Square where you'll learn about the history of voodoo, the slave trade, and the indigenous peoples of New Orleans. Hear the story of the infamous Voodoo priestess, Marie Laveau, and visit the site of her former home. Afterward, stop at the historic Supreme Court building for tales about Louisiana politicians and court cases such as Huey P. Long, Edwin Edwards, and Plessy vs. Fergusson. During your tour learn about the city's music, food, architecture, culture, literary history, and Bourbon Street. Your tour ends at Jackson Square where you can admire even more of the city's architecture and see St. Louis Cathedral, the Presbytère, and the Cabildo.
IncludesLicensed guide For participants 21 years old and up, the tour wristband offers a souvenir cup and all-day 2-for-1 Hurricane drinks at The Voodoo Lounge
- This activity will take place rain or shine Please wear comfortable walking shoes There is a bathroom break during the tour