My Guide Website?
From New Orleans: Oak Alley or Laura Plantation Tour2 Reviews
Discover Louisiana's past with a tour to Oak Alley or Laura Plantation from New Orleans. Explore the rich history and stunning landscapes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- New Orleans: 2 & 3 Days Hop-On Hop-Off Bus with Walking Tour
- New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
- New Orleans: Walking Tour Inside St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- New Orleans: Adults Only Ghost Tour w/ Haunted Bldg Access
- From New Orleans: Whitney Plantation Ticket & Transportation
- Visit a historic plantation
- Learn about the history of the south
- Enjoy the convenience of being picked up (and later dropped off) at your hotel
DescriptionLaura Plantation Tour: Step back in time on this 4-hour journey to the captivating Laura Plantation from New Orleans. At Laura, you'll be immersed in the unique Creole culture, known for its historical representation of the complexities of slave plantations. Your experience begins with a scenic drive to this historic gem. Upon arrival, you'll explore the exquisite plantation, taking in the remarkable 'Big House,' the slave quarters, and the picturesque architecture and gardens that paint a vivid picture of the past. This tour offers a poignant and educational glimpse into the heritage of the Deep South. Oak Alley Plantation Tour: Venture on a 4-hour excursion to Oak Alley Plantation. The hallmark of this plantation is the mesmerizing 300-year-old oak trees that gracefully line the grounds, creating a captivating tunnel of greenery. A 40-minute guided tour will have you delve into the rich history of the plantation. You'll explore the iconic 'Big House,' stroll past the well-preserved slave quarters, and bask in the beauty of the enchanting architecture and meticulously manicured gardens. Oak Alley offers a picturesque and immersive experience into the charm and grandeur of the Old South.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Travel in an air-conditioned mini-coach Entrance to a choice of 1 plantation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are available only from selected hotels in downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter. Pickup is between 8:00am and 8:30am. Your selection between Oak Alley Plantation or Laura Plantation will be requested either via phone call prior to the tour or upon boarding the bus. A minimum number of participants is needed for this experience. If the minimum is not reached and the experience is canceled, you will have the choice of an alternative date/experience or a complete refund.