My Guide Website?
From Lafitte: Swamp Tours South of New Orleans by Airboat443 Reviews
Glide over the swamps of New Orleans by airboat and experience the bayou landscape like never before. Explore the wetlands of Lafitte in Bayou Barataria, looking for alligators, turtles, native birds, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Glide over the swamps of Louisiana on board a unique airboat
- Nip down tiny canals hidden deep in the swamp
- Meet Sugar and Flour, the only albino alligators on the bayou
- Look out for alligators, turtles, and native birds
- See beautiful and secluded areas of Louisiana
DescriptionClimb aboard a unique airboat to explore Louisiana’s wetlands south of New Orleans in a truly unique fashion. Board an airboat just 30 minutes from downtown New Orleans, and listen to informative commentary as you zip through the bayou and squeeze into tiny canals hidden deep in the swamp. For 105 minutes, the captains at Airboat Adventures share some of the most beautiful and secluded areas of Louisiana. Wildlife such as alligators, turtles, and birds are common sights, but you never know what else might come out to visit! Round-trip transfers are available from New Orleans for guests without a car. Upon arrival, check in to the Airboats Adventures facilities, before departing on the airboat to zip across the swamps. Grab a snack at the gift shop, or check out Sugar and Flour, the only albino alligators on the bayou. Picnic tables are available both inside and out, where you can relax before your airboat departure. The boats can hold between 6 and 30 people. Opt for a small boat, with a capacity of up to 10 passengers, for a more personal tour, when the captain can spend more time with each guest. But even the large boats, with capacity for up to 30 passengers, allow an up-close experience with the wildlife of the Louisiana swamps. Sit back and enjoy the ride through a unique landscape, and listen as you captain feeds you fascinating bayou facts. You never know; he might haul in a ‘gator if the opportunity arises, or even let you hold a baby ‘gator!
Includes1.75-hour airboat boat tour Captains with US Coast Guard certification
- Tours are subject to cancellation in dangerous weather
- Airboats are high speed, open boats without a top. The tour operator is not responsible for any cameras/video equipment lost or damaged due to water, splashes, or rain
- Pregnant women, children under 5 years old, and people with neck/back problems are not allowed to ride airboats