My Guide Website?
Evening in New Orleans: Live Jazz Music Discovery Tour40 Reviews
Discover New Orleans' rich heritage and jazz tradition on a guided tour and check out some of the best jazz clubs and bars in town. Enjoy a beer as you take in live performances from local musicians.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in New Orleans:If youʻre booking your trip to New Orleans last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the origins of jazz and the contemporary jazz scene in New Orleans
- Explore the French Quarter, Louis Armstrong Park, and Bourbon Street
- Enjoy a drink while listening to the talents of some of the city’s top musicians
- Gain an expert insight into the culture and operations of live music venues
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionExperience New Orleans' rich jazz history on a guided walking tour through the French Quarter and discover the origins of a uniquely American art form. Visit popular and historic jazz clubs and enjoy some live jazz performances from top local musicians. Meet your guide just outside the French Quarter beneath the famed lighted arched entrance to Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé area. Explore the area originally known as Congo Square, one of the first locations in the city where enslaved people and free people of color were allowed to socialize. Within the park, learn first about the historical origins of jazz and chat about one of the jazz greats, Louis Armstrong himself. Hear how jazz was formed from a rich mix of cultures in a single city, which combined West African and Caribbean sounds with European musical influences. Head into the Vieux Carre, or the French Quarter, and follow the route your guide will have chosen to ensure the best music is heard. Along one possible route, learn about the history of Bourbon Street and the residential areas where blues and jazz collaborators came to make incredible music. Pass by Preservation Hall, a venue that brought people of all backgrounds together, even in times of segregation. You may even catch a busker performing at the historic French Market. Or, your guide may take you to Frenchmen Street, home to the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Being with a local, get an expert insight into how to make the most of your time in the city, and how the clubs and venues operate. And to top it off, you will receive a cocktail at one of the stops and you’re welcome to purchase additional drinks as and when you want them. Whatever path is taken, eventually you'll make your way to a top jazz club where you can sit and relax as you take in a live performance. Sip on your cocktail and enjoy the live sounds from local performers. In New Orleans, there’s always the opportunity for an element of surprise. Keep on the lookout for impromptu street performances during your adventure, which always make the night special.
IncludesLocal guide Walking tour 1 drink Access to a live jazz performance
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices Those under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people This is a walking tour that will cover approximately 14 blocks (or about 1.5 miles) on foot