My Guide Website?
Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
New Orleans https://www.myguideneworleans.com/events/oak-alley-plantation-airboat-swamp-combo-tour
New Orleans: Oak Alley Plantation & Airboat Swamp Combo Tour
- Journey back in time on a guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Spark your adrenaline on an airboat tour of the bayou swamplands
- Explore the plantation grounds and learn about the history of slavery
- See gators, racoons, and wild pigs as you ride through the Barataria Basin
- Enjoy a convenient and seamless transfer to and from your accommodation
DescriptionDiscover Louisiana on a guided day trip from New Orleans to the historical Oak Alley Plantation, with entry tickets included, and a bayou airboat ride. Benefit from round-trip transportation from your New Orleans hotel. Start your experience with hotel pickup, and relax on the drive to Oak Alley Plantation. Enjoy a guided tour of the plantation home by guides in period dress while you hear and learn about the times of slavery. Take in the house's Greek Revival architecture, the antique farm equipment exhibits, and walk around the grounds where 28 evenly spaced, huge oak trees grow. Browse the blacksmith shop and souvenir shop, or stop for a snack (at your own expense) in the restaurant. Continue onto Barataria Basin for an airboat tour of the bayou swamplands, where your local captain will guide you through the swamps, marshes, and lakes. Travel at high speeds for an exciting ride, then slow down to spot local wildlife on this exciting airboat experience. Look out for alligators, birds, and other animals. Every airboat tour is unique, so you never know what you’ll see. Even in winter — when alligators hibernate — you’ll have a good chance of spotting these reptiles. Back on dry land, return to the bus for the drive back to New Orleans, where you’ll finish off your trip with a convenient drop-off back at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned bus Entry ticket to Oak Alley Plantation Airboat tour Guide
- Airboat tours are performed in an open boat.
- Children must be 48” in height to sit and wear a seat belt
- Hearing protection will be provided by the company
- You can purchase inexpensive rain ponchos at the swamp tour gift shop